The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics' Champions of Character provides training to ensure student-athletes know, do and value the right things in all areas of life. The five core values: integrity, respect, responsibility, sportsmanship and servant leadership are put into play, accounted for and tracked at all NAIA schools.
As an NAIA institution, Park University has developed a Champions of Character campus program that includes:
- Ongoing character education for all student-athletes using the Champions of Character Live 5 orientation program.
- Professional development for coaches, athletics administrative staff including completion of the Character-Driven Coaching course.
- Emphasis on hospitality and game management of athletics events and conduct in competition
- Servant leadership activities that promote student leadership and athletic community engagement
- Ongoing oversight and assessment of progress in the program's implementation by both Park University and the NAIA.
Park University Champions of Character Headlines
- PIRATE EXTRA: MEN'S BASKETBALL AND SOFTBALL HELP WITH TWO DIFFERENT COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS IN SEPTEMBER
- PARK EARNS CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER GOLD-LEVEL FIVE-STAR INSTITUTION AWARD FOR 2016-17
- PIRATES NAMED TO AMC'S ACADEMIC ALL-CONFERENCE, CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER TEAMS
- PARK UNIVERSITY EARNS NAIA BRONZE LEVEL AWARD AS A CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER FIVE-STAR INSTITUTION IN 2015-16
- WANESSA SIQUEIRA NAMED NAIA'S DR. LEROY WALKER CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER AWARD WINNER FOR 2014-15
- PARK UNIVERSITY EARNS NAIA'S GOLD AWARD AS A CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER FIVE-STAR INSTITUTION IN 2014-15
- PARK UNIVERSITY'S WANESSA SIQUEIRA NAMED AMC'S 2015 DR. LEROY WALKER CHAMPIONS OF CHARACTER AWARD RECIPIENT
Park University Champions of Character Photo Galleries
- Coming Soon!